Asparagus with Eggs – Asparagi con le uova
This is a classic dish that is really popular when the asparagus are in season.
2 to 2-1/2 lbs. asparagus
4 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1. In large pot bring the asparagus to a boil and then simmer until cooked, about 10-15 minutes (if possible keep the tips out of the water until the last couple of minutes.
2. Meanwhile bring the eggs to a boil and then reduce the heat and boil gently for 10 minutes.
3. When the eggs are ready, peel them and cut them into tiny pieces in a bowl.
4. Add the oil, mix well and salt to taste.
5. Divide the asparagus onto four plates laying them so that all the points come together on one side of the plate.
6. Divide the egg mixture into four equal parts and put it in the middle of the plate on top of the asparagus. Don’t cover the tips though.
7. Serve and enjoy.
This simple recipe can be served as a main course.