Brie Mushrooms and Speck Pie – Torta salata con Brie funghi e speck
This torta salata can be prepared very quickly. It’s tasty and flavorful thanks to the speck and the brie cheese.
Ingredients:for the cream of Brie
6 oz. Brie cheese
3 Tbsp. milk
salt and pepper to taste*
2 oz. speck thinly sliced
2 Tbsp. finely chopped white onion
4.5 oz. sliced cultivated mushrooms
1 tsp. chopped Italian parsley
1 package puff pastry
1. In a skillet heat the olive oil then add the onion and sauté until translucent. Add the mushrooms and parsley and cook them for about 10 minutes.
2. In the meantime lay the puff pastry on a 9” springform pan. Roll it out so that it is big enough to come out over the top of the pan.
3. In a food processor blend the brie, milk and eggs until creamy. Salt and pepper to taste and pour into a mixing bowl.
4. Mix the speck into the cream of brie.
5. Lay the mushrooms on the bottom of the springform pan and then cover with the cream of brie.
6. Fold the extra pastry on top of the filling.
7. Bake in a preheated oven at 350° for about 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
8. Remove from oven when done and let it cool off before serving.
* don’t add too much salt to the cream of brie because the speck is already salty.
This torta salata can be served with a salad or as an appetizer.