Butter and sage gnocchi – Gnocchi al burro e salvia
Simple, surprisingly tasty and easy to make. You can’t go wrong with this one. When I prepare gnocchi I usually serve them with different sauces and I always start with this one because of its delicate flavor, followed by tomato sauce, Bolognese sauce and pesto.
Basic potato gnocchi recipe
fresh ground Parmesan
1. Boil the gnocchi as directed in the basic gnocchi recipe.
2. In the meantime warm a tablespoon of butter per serving in a skillet with a few fresh sage leaves.
3. Be careful not to burn the butter.
4. When the gnocchi are ready drain them well with a slotted spoon and place in a colander to loose the excess water.
5. Quickly place them in a serving bowl, add the melted butter and mix well. Sprinkle the gnocchi with fresh Parmesan cheese and serve.
This simple method is a favorite for many. If you have fresh sage on hand it is a must.