Chocolate Balls – Palline di cioccolato
Fast and easy to make. These are really good for just about any occasion.
3-1/2 oz. unsweetened chocolate
1 cup shelled hazelnuts
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1 Tbsp. unsalted butter
1 Tbsp espresso coffee (cold)
3 Tbsp. un-sweetened cocoa
1. Grate the chocolate in a bowl.
2. Blend the hazelnuts in your food processor.
3. Add the hazelnuts to the chocolate along with the sugar, coffee, butter.
4. Mix well with a spoon.
5. Prepare a plate with the cocoa.
6. Roll the mix into 1 inch balls with your hands and place them on the cocoa.
7. Once they are all ready roll them gently in the cocoa and then a bit between your hands to remove the excess cocoa.
8. Place them on a serving dish and keep them in the fridge or a cool place until you are ready to serve them.
If the batter won’t stick together for you just add a little extra coffee.
If you don’t have espresso you can use instant coffee. Just make it really strong! Use decaffeinated if you prefer, the important thing is the coffee flavor.
Don’t have Hazel nuts? No problem these are good with Almonds too.