If you like Italian Focaccia recipes you’ll love this one.
4-1/3 cups all purpose flour
1 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp. salt
3/4 cup lukewarm water
10 oz potatoes
1 pack. 7 gr. dry active yeast
black or green olives and cherry tomatoes to decorate
1. Boil the potatoes whole with the skins.
2. Once cooked peel the potatoes and pass them through a potato ricer.
3. Combine the potatoes with the flour yeast, and add a good pinch of salt.
4. Add the lukewarm water and then the oil a bit at a time as it absorbs into the dough.
5. When the oil is all worked in prepare a round pan (I used a 14″ pizza pan here). Grease it lightly with oil and add the dough.
6. Let it raise for 2 hours.
7. Decorate the focaccia border with olives and halved cherry tomatoes.
8. Baked at 400° for about 40′ or until golden brown.
9. Serve immediately or when cool, it’s good either way.
If you prefer to use compressed yeast (cake yeast) you’ll need just a bit under 1 oz. Dissolve it in warm water and add it in step 1.