Frittata with Asparagus – Frittata con gli asparagi
A classic spring time frittata to make when the asparagus are in season.
1 Tsp. unsalted butter
salt to taste
1. Boil or steam the asparagus until cooked.
2. When they are done cut the tips together with about 1 inch of the stem and set them aside.
3. Continue cutting the remaing asparagus in thin slices until you get to the tough part. Discard the left over asparagus.
4. Sauté the asparagus slices and tips in a 6″ nonstick pan with the butter and a small pinch of salt for about two minutes.
5. In a bowl beat the two eggs and a pinch of salt with a fork.
6. When the asparagus are ready put them in the eggs and mix well.
7. Put the eggs and asparagus back in the pan and cook at a low heat.
8. When the frittata starts to brown turn it over and cook the other side until it starts to brown too.
9. Cut the frittata into wedges and serve.
Be sure to make adjustments in with the salt if you are using salted butter.
If you are having trouble flipping the frittata without breaking it try putting a plate over the pan like a lid and then turn the pan over so the frittata falls to the plate. Once you have the frittata on the plate you can let it slide back into the pan.
Use it as an appetizer or in the place of a meat dish with a salad. It is a very flexible dish. On a hot day let cool off and eat it at room temperature too.