Meat broth is the indispensable ingredient for cooking egg pasta like tagliatelle, egg filled pasta and risotto and many other preparations. Meat broth can be prepare ahead of time and kept in the refrigerator for 2 maximum 3 days. It’s easy to prepare and it takes no effort at all. Not to mention that it’s healthier and much tastier than store bought stock or bullion.
1 lb. 2 oz. / gr 500 flank steak
1 medium onion
1 celery stalk
salt to taste
1. In a big pot put all the ingredients in and cover them abundantly with water.
2. Bring to a boil, cover and let it simmer at low heat for 2 hours or until done.
3. If some foam develops on the top remove it with a slotted spoon.
4. When the meat is ready remove from broth, slice and serve.
5. Let the broth cool then you can skim the better part of the fat off. If you’re not in a hurry you can refrigerate the broth and skim the fat the day after, it’s easier and faster.